I was worried about the $250 purchase (including case with light) but I think it's worth every penny!
What's NOT so hot:
1) The screen flashes black when you turn every page - however, after only one day, I didn't notice the flashing anymore. Some say it will take up to two weeks to get used to it but I don't think it's any more annoying (distracting) than turning a page in a paperback book.
2) I own a PDA where you use a stylus to tap the screen. I keep thinking my Kindle works the same way and keep looking for the stylus holder. You have to get used to moving around on your Kindle with the directional buttons alone.
3) When you use the internet a lot, the battery goes down fast. This is common with all technology. However, just reading alone (with the wireless off), I think the device will go a long time without charging.
What I love about it:
1) The screen-saver - AMAZING. When you put the Kindle to sleep, pictures of different authors and pictures from books fill the screen. I love the ones of Bronte, Austen, Dickens and other classic authors.
2) My cover. Now, I know this doesn't come with the Kindle but I have to say, it's amazing to have the soft faux suede cover-interior touch my skin while I read. (It really is the little things in life that make me happy.) And two nights in a row I read with the light and loved how it did not disturb my husband.
3) I read a lot more.
4) I now use my Kindle to critique. I take the documents I need to edit or critique and turn it into .txt format. I copy it to the document drive and it's automatically converted to Kindle format. Now, I can actually change the documents but I can make notes and save them. When doing a critique, I can just take those notes and copy them into my document. And I can edit/critique on the go.
5) I can take bits of text I like from the books and there's an easy way to upload them straight to Twitter and Facebook. That's a cool feature.
What do you like about yours?