What is a quirk?Something your character says or does that is unusual but makes him/her unique.
What is a quip?A clever, witty remark often prompted by the occasion. Or, a clever, often sarcastic remark; a gibe.
Yeah, so what? What should I do with that?Make a list.
Buy a notebook. (You know you're looking for a reason to buy another one anyway.) Write down quirky things you see people do. Write down funny quips you hear people say or that you come up with yourself. When writing try to use them to make your characters unique and interesting.
Here's are some quirks you can add to your notebook:
(1) A man or woman must look in every mirror and wink at themselves.
(2) An older woman always puts ten items in her shopping basket but buys only two. Leaving the other eight sitting on boxes of gum or in her basket at the till.
(3) A man enjoys petting his leather shoes and mooing.
(4) A woman carries 100 keys but uses only one.
(5) A person must use two parking spaces to park his Mini.
Here are some quips take from this web site:
*If you think nobody cares . . . try missing a couple of payments
*An unbreakable toy is useful . . . for breaking other toys
*Lead me not into temptation . . . I can find my own way there.
*People took LSD to make the world weird . . . now they take Prozac to make it normal.
*A knight in shining armour can . . . turn out to be a retard in tin foil.